Performs the technical activities on assigned projects and understands and adheres to the discipline technical policies and procedures. Participates in the production of technical studies, investigations and designs in support of assigned projects. Seeks guidance from the Senior Engineers, Principal Engineers and Chief Engineers to develop complex engineering solutions and makes independent decisions to develop solutions of low to moderate complexity. Provides technical production direction to Designers and CAD Operators. Provides production of projects on-time, in budget and of highest technical quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that company technical policies and procedures are practiced during the execution of projects for clients.
- Assists in developing design approaches and concepts on assigned projects and requests assistance from the senior technical staff when needed.
- Provides discipline specific engineering for systems and designs of low to moderate complexity.
- Delegation of work tasks and collaboration with subordinate staff, monitor and review delegated work for accuracy
- Assists in the execution of technical training programs for design staff.
- As requested, assists in the development of proposals and presentations to clients.
- Assists in the performance management process by providing feedback to the Project Manager for performance evaluations
- Assists Project Managers in the coordination of project designs with other disciplines including attendance at project meetings.
- Performs specific engineering studies and design analyses and assists the Project Manager in establishing budgets, cost estimates and project schedules.
- Reviews shop drawings, record changes and communicates directly with suppliers, contractors and client representatives as required
- Performs on-site inspections during construction and coordinates design requirements with contractors and equipment suppliers
- Uses design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Actively participates in professional organizations and/or client groups where the technical reputation and image of the firm may be enhanced.
- Performs assigned work in time frame and budget allotted.
- Informal task supervision of CAD Operators, Designers, Junior Associates, Associates, Engineers and Engineer IIs at the direction of the Project Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Professionally Licensed Engineer with a Bachelor's (B.S.) Engineering degree with a minimum of 8-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Professional Engineering License.