Our client is one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the U.S. with nationally recognized expertise in sustainable, high performance building engineering. We are a collaborative, competitive, innovative, and energetic group of engineers and team leaders who incorporate a holistic approach towards consulting engineering, performance contracting, and zero energy projects. We focus on finding engineers whose personalities lead them to excellence, and we provide exceptional opportunities for our employees.
This position will provide mechanical services that meet and exceed a client's expectations. They will provide advice, make decisions, and develop complex elements regarding mechanical design and project development. This position is responsible for mechanical system design, client meetings, equipment selection, construction observation, and other mechanical engineering responsibilities. They will collaborate with mechanical team members to ensure projects move forward smoothly and are completed on-time and on-budget. This position is also responsible to continue to build trusting client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correctly complete load calculations and select equipment for specific projects.
- Required presence onsite and attendance at construction meetings to observe and report technical findings.
- Efficiently prioritize and maintain a balance and schedule between all projects and deadlines.
- Provide descriptive solutions to mechanical design difficulties.
- Professionally provide pro-active communication with clients to discover and implement expectations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- P.E. Licensed Mechanical Engineer
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully on a team and listen carefully.
- Desire to produce quality work and grow professionally in the engineering field.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as project schedules and deadlines require.
This position requires regular sitting, talking, hearing, and vision. Frequent walking and standing will be required, as well as, occasional climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, feeling/touching, and lifting/carrying objects weighing over 20lbs.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance