My client is in search of a Mechanical Engineer with 7-10 years of experience and a strong technical background with experience and familiarity in water/waste-water, federal, and industrial projects. If you are interested and feel that you match the description below do not hesitate to apply!
- With general direction, creates engineering designs including: HVAC systems master planning & studies; HVAC & Plumbing systems; mechanical systems (co-generation); sustainability/energy efficiency/renewable energy/green buildings; etc. of basic to high complexity to meet client project requirements.
- Reviews draft designs for compliance with federal, state and local regulations and signs off on completed designs. Ensures that firm policies and practices are followed on all designs.
- Establish and support client relationships and lead project and technical delivery for opportunities in the MEP/Facilities market space.
- Collaborate with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs). Review draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices. Meet with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs.
- Perform site assessments and studies, as needed to ensure designs are aligned with industry standards and local requirements.
- Performing other duties as required such as heating/cooling load calculations, duct/pipe sizing, equipment selections, system layouts, and coordination with other design disciplines.
- Working with building mechanical team to develop white papers, case studies, technical papers and designs for publishing to technical journals, and creating posters, abstracts, or other presentation material for conferences. Attend conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm's products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
- Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff. Mentors more junior staff and develop them for future growth within the discipline and firm. May supervise the work of junior engineers on project work.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Chemical Engineering, or in Engineering Technology or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Skills and Abilities
- Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices.
- Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Expert knowledge of federal, state and local regulation