We currently seek a Senior Medical Equipment Planner to join an experienced consulting team based in San Francisco, CA
* Identify all building infrastructure requirements for equipment installation related to power, data, HVAC, plumbing, etc., and ensure these requirements are provided to the architect/engineering(AE) firms and ensure that these requirements are included in all project design and construction documents.
* Identify if the equipment will be VA furnished, VA installed (VV) or VA furnished contractor Installed (VC) or contractor furnished contractor installed (CC).
* Develop all procurement requirements and equipment specification sheets and submit to contracting for purchase. Research state of the art equipment and identify sources of procurement. Coordinate with contracting officer. Enter all procurement's in Budget Project Tracker. Use Attainia for project management.
* Inventory and coordinate the installation of all(VV) equipment. Coordinate the transfer of VC equipment to the general contractor. Review and approve General Contractor (GC) submittals for CC equipment. Ensure all equipment is installed correctly. Maintain all procurement documents. Coordinate the installation of equipment with Engineering Service and Biomedical Engineering prior to being used.
* Minimum 3 years of architectural or medical equipment planner experience.
* Proficiency in Revit.
* Knowledge of health care policies and practices as well as medical equipment standards and use is a critical element. Understanding strategic and facility planning goals and objectives, planning processes, budget preparation, and transition and occupancy operations.
* Knowledge required managing and coordinating all hospital and clinic activation activities in support of major, minor, and station level construction projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
* Perform professional duties with a high level of team collaboration to achieve excellence.
* Knowledge of the building activation process with planning, design and coordination of activation activities, warehousing, staging and the eventual installation.
* Knowledge of the management and organizational structure of hospitals and health care institutions
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
Location of Position: San Francisco, CA
Location Type: Office/Job Site