Job Summary: The mid-level Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) position is situated at Fleet Activities Yokosuka near Tokyo, Japan, and is tailored for individuals with a background in MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) engineering. In this role, you will specialize in identifying energy-saving opportunities, overseeing project implementations, and supporting energy initiatives. Collaborating closely with the lead REM, you'll provide expertise in MEP engineering, manage databases, and contribute to renewable energy projects, utility interactions, and energy awareness campaigns.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting Federal Energy and Facility Programs with a focus on Energy Planning Strategy, ideally within an MEP engineering context.
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field OR 4+ years of relevant experience; military or civilian experience at Federal installations or in the energy field may be considered.
- A Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certificate is required or obtainable.
- U.S. citizenship and the capability to maintain security clearance.
- Proficiency in utility systems, energy management technology, communication, analysis, and problem-solving, particularly within MEP engineering.
- Strong computer skills, especially in spreadsheet and database tools like MS Excel.