An exciting new opportunity with a well-established regional general contractor known for it's rigorous career development plan is looking for a Project Manager in Raleigh.
- Coordinate project start-up and mobilization
- Issue bid instructions to subcontractors and manage ongoing performance.
- Finalize project costs and issue Project Contract.
- Prepare, update and monitor Project Schedule to ensure compliance with the Project Contract.
- Subcontractor Buyout - issuance and scope of work/progress monitoring
- Prepare Request for Proposals, Change Orders Requests and oversees Change Order Administration.
- Support the on-site construction activities and Project Superintendent by obtaining necessary permits, providing responses to RFIs, and issuing drawings and changes.
- Attend weekly job meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Prepare monthly job forecasts, project billings and subcontractor billings.
- Responsible for maintaining all project documentation, to include transmittals, project directories, current contracts and correspondence.
- Responsible for overseeing quality control, and compliance with contractual requirement.
- Oversee all fiscal aspects of the project, including: issuing all subcontractors, approving all vendor invoices, monitoring cost of self-performed work, and pricing and issuing of project changes.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of individual employees, and develop/implement the team concept.
- Act as liaison between the development team, architect, engineers, and governmental entities.
- Bachelor degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or other related field or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- 15-20 years' experience working for a commercial general contractor required, managing field operations for multi-family new builds and renovations preferred.
- Must have the knowledge of current building envelope assemblies. Knowledge of waterproofing detailing, insulation types, siding detailing, ventilation and a vast knowledge of roofing properties required.
- Low Income (LIHTC)/Affordable Housing experience preferred.
- Experience working on occupied properties a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, and Outlook. Working knowledge of Bluebeam and MS Project software, or equivalent, a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel in the region. Projects may include an overnight stay and long distances to drive. This is an absolute requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.