My client is a well respected and ambitious firm looking to add a strong leader to their expanding department. You are expected to lead by example and demonstrate strong project management and leadership skills. Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation. The Department Manager will help manage contracts, coordinate interdepartmental communication as well as client contact and assess human and capital resource needs. You are expected to have a professional engineer's license in either Missouri or Illinois.
The Engineering Manager shall be capable of managing in a collaborative team environment, with well-developed analytical and communication skills. Must have the ability to review and evaluate contracts and resolve contractual disputes and claims.
Success will be measured by the ability to closely
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of long-range strategic objectives
- Identify, research and evaluate new business sectors or trends in municipal, site development and transportation engineering industry. Track and develop business development strategies to secure opportunities in these sectors.
- Monitor the progress and profit and loss for each project, schedules, and client expectations and delight.
- Lead complex projects as project manager. Participate in team projects, interdepartmental committees or company-wide initiatives in order to share information, represent the company's perspective or assist with project development, process modification, and Final deliverables.
- Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions
in any area of accountability.
- Periodically assess employee performance and establish development plans according to individual needs