As our Project Manager, you are a client's single point of contact for project execution, progress, delivery, and success.
Responsibilities: Project Manager
- Provide project ownership/leadership, including:
o Being the primary conduit for all job information (communications and reporting)
o Work with the Sales department to estimate costs and fees; work with accounting and department managers to manage costs
o Develop preliminary schedule milestones and tasks in MS Project [Server]; work with resource managers to refine as necessary
o Influence resource assignments and task allocation, follow up with all team members to be accountable for their tasks, and know the status of each assignment
o Job tracking and administration, including:
§ Responsibility for managing the Job Control (Engineers may produce the Job Control, but the PM is responsible for its review and accuracy throughout the life of the project)
§ Generating FAB/QA work orders and shipping tickets
§ Issuing purchase orders
§ Working with Accounting to produce invoices, determine payables, collections, and similar items
- Supervise internal resources and subcontractors and monitor progress in all phases
- Must have the capability to comply with all safety rules and regulations required by clients for site visitation.
- Be a point of escalation for the project team members and make decisions concerning the development, outcome, and success of the project
- Submit project plans on all assigned projects
- Understand and manage client expectations, including:
o Client's needs, project schedule, and budget
o Proposed system performance criteria via MS Project
o Review Verrex's proposed scope-of-work, as well as subcontractor's scope-of-work and other trades involved with the project
- Promote and enforce the "Verrex Process"
o Be knowledgeable/skilled with tools of the role (MS Project, MS Office, VTools (ERP) and Replicon (Timesheets)
o Be organized and proactive in all facets of project management
o Work closely with all departments (i.e. Sales, Accounting, Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving, Fabrication, Quality Assurance, Field Operations, and Service) to refine project milestones, tasks, and resource allocation
o Setup kickoff meetings, administer internal meetings, and develop meeting minutes with action items and due dates
o Attend client project meetings and monitor on-site progress
o Make certain client, GC, CM, and other trades understand the requirements affecting Verrex's work
o Verify completion of AV infrastructure at client sites
o Coordinate deliveries and resolve issues with the General Contractor, Construction Manager, and/or Client
o Make decisions and/or escalate issues to decision makers (i.e. the general contractor, construction manager, client, sales, or Verrex management)
o Follow up with all issues and tasks; know the status of all issues and tasks; resolve all issues promptly
o Submit weekly Status Reports to client and team
o Update project percentage completion on a weekly basis
o Complete GM Variance report on a monthly basis
o Attend monthly Production Meetings to review all assigned projects
- Provide quality control
o Provide feedback to Verrex management and all departments, as applicable (before, during, and after the project is completed); provide suggestions for improvements, and alternatives, and/or discuss methods and processes to provide insightful details about successes, failures, and cost savings opportunities.
o Conduct Lessons Learned meetings on completed jobs as selected by Verrex management
- 2+ years of Project Management experience with integration of AV systems and solutions
o Experience in creating Work Breakdown Structures to appropriate levels of detail for AV Project
o Proficiency with MS Project and the MS Office suite of applications
- 2+ years of AV experience, most specifically a thorough understanding of structured cabling installation standards, technical knowledge in all facets of AV installation, and in-depth knowledge of Ethernet standards and TCP/IP protocols
o Holder of current CTS, CTS-I, or CTS-D from AVIXA preferred.
o Holder of BICSI or manufacturer certifications (Cisco CCNA, etc.) a plus.
o Familiarity with AV & IT terminology and acronyms
o Continued drive, motivation & passion to stay abreast of the AV/Networking industry and trends
- 2+ years of experience working with architects, consultants, General Contractors, and other trades in the support of AV integration projects
o Experience reading CAD drawings and matching architectural and electrical details with AV install requirements
o Experience coordinating specific AV install requirements (blocking, overhead structural support, conduits, wall, and ceiling boxes, etc.) with other trades
o Familiarity with construction terminology and acronyms
- 2+ years of current or past experience working as an AV installer.
- Experience working with basic hand tools, cable terminations, and software for AV (Toolbox, etc)
- Experience running a team of technicians and subcontractors on a job site
- Familiarity with site readiness
- Experience reading & understanding schematic shop drawings.
- Must be able to work at a client site located in lower Manhattan 5 days a week.
We're an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.