A top Engineering Firm is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our team as a Roadway Design Manager in our Harrisburg, PA office. This is an exciting opportunity to support strategic growth efforts of our roadway design services group into Pennsylvania. The PM will perform a variety of engineering tasks relative to various municipal and PennDOT roadway design projects, while focusing on business development opportunities in Pennsylvania. The diversity of responsibilities require a flexible mindset and cooperative team-oriented attitude with progressively increasing management capabilities.
Key Role Requirements:
- Daily responsibilities will include project design, task management, project management, client contact, agency contact and quality control.
- Project management and development of roadway construction documents, specifically roadway plans, profiles, typical sections, grading, traffic control systems, cost estimating and planning
- Preparing reports and studies
- Preparing for, attending and participating in public meetings
- Directing others in performing designs for various roadway infrastructure projects based on AASHTO, PennDOT and local municipality requirements; reviewing and managing designs prepared by others
- Participating in project/contracting scoping, fee development, contract negotiations, and execution
- Coordinating with contractors, utility companies and government agencies
- A diverse background/knowledge of geometric roadway design, stormwater/drainage, maintenance of traffic, utility coordination/design and design management
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in roadway design in Pennsylvania
- Additional experience in Maryland and Virginia would be a plus
- Professional Engineer's license in PA is preferred
- MicroStation and AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Familiarity with AASHTO, PennDOT and regional design standards, practices and policies