My client is a full-service engineering, fire investigation, environmental, health and safety, and consulting services firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private sectors. Over the last half a century, they have grown from a boutique firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and providing expert witness testimony, into a recognized global leader in engineering failure analysis, origin-and-cause investigations, environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty consulting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Surveys losses and loss scenes at residential and commercial buildings
- Conducts investigations to determine and document the scope of damage.
- Investigates and assesses damages due to failures and determines the origin of failure for insurers and litigation support.
- Analyzes and documents the failure analysis and causation of failures.
- Collaborates with other investigators to produce detailed reports outlining the cause and origin of losses and damages.
- Serves as an expert witness in court and/or in depositions.
- Documents and maintains billable hours on a time and expense basis for failure analysis and forensic engineering projects for clients.
- Collaborates with the clients national team of forensic experts to leverage experiences and assist on projects.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
Six (6) years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required.