I am looking for a PLC Application Engineer within Nashville, Knoxville or Chattanooga, you will develop application software to meet the requirements of project contractual documents while adhering to the companies project methodology. Application Engineers with PLC expertise develop PLC application monitoring and control software (Allen-Bradley and Modicon), perform startup and testing, and provide training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives project requirements and direction through meetings with the Regional or Project Manager and review of the contract documents.
- Produces the System Control Narrative on projects.
- (PLC) Application Engineers develop Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) application programs based on the contract documents and System Control Narrative using the PLC manufacturer's Programming Software.
- Installs all developed application software and required vendor software, and verifies their proper execution.
- Interface supplied equipment to third-party vendor systems via industrial communication protocols, when applicable.
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), when required.
- Demonstrates overall system functionality to the Owner/Engineer/Contractor including hardware and network operation, SCADA monitoring and control, displaying data, alarming, and historical data collection for report generation.
- Provides training to operators, supervisors, and administrative personnel.
- Generates and gathers all required final project documentation.
- Provides technical assistance to Customers.