Summary: Founded in the 1980s, company is a global energy company that creates greener, smarter and innovative energy solutions. They have been partnering with organizations of every kind, across all markets and at every stage of development for decades.
The Portfolio Asset Manager will support coaching and development of peers and lead reporting, oversight, and coordination for a portfolio of renewable energy assets. The Asset Managers are critical in the operation of a large fleet of renewable and energy storage projects across the United States to ensure optimal financial performance of the company's rapidly growing fleet. Responsibilities will include project reporting and coordination of financial, commercial, compliance management and administrative tasks as well as coordination and oversight of the operations and maintenance of the assets.
Location: Hybrid work in either Salt Lake City, UT or Louisville, CO
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervise a portfolio of complex renewable energy assets
- Enhance and automate core processes and interaction with other teams within the corporation
- Be responsible for project financial matters (P&L responsibility), prepare annual budgets and continually track and explain variance to budget, within assigned portfolios
- Support resolution or mitigation of any major plant outages as appropriate
- Collaborate with various teams to identify revenue increasing and risk mitigation opportunities
- Be the subject matter authority on all compliance and commercial obligations pursuant to project governing documents and ensure strict compliance including Power Purchase Agreements, Hedge Agreements, Interconnection Agreements, land leases, Financing Agreements, and LLC Agreements
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of data contained in the company's renewable energy information system that supervises compliance and key project data by proactively reviewing and summarizing results of contracts and other project documents
- Prepare recurring reports on project performance for internal and external parties and respond to inquiries
Ensure the complete all compliance obligations pursuant to contract requirements and regulatory agencies (including EIA, CEC, FERC) in timely fashion.
- Find opportunities to optimize the financial results while balancing risk through solid management decisions and/or innovative approaches
- Work with origination, development, project execution, project finance, and construction management groups to ensure smooth and timely transition of projects into commercial operation, as appropriate
- Handle day-to-day partner relationships by creating and maintaining positive work relationships with local and state authorities, financing and investors partners, regulatory agencies, landowners, and other entities
- Lead and resolve any contractual, regulatory, and commercial issues as they arise
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 1-2+ years of relevant energy shown experience
- Exceptional organizational, decision making/problem solving, analytical and time management skills
- Strong understanding of project finance, legal contracts, and accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Office
- Passion for renewable energy industry and demonstrates intimate knowledge of the renewable energy market, and the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.