Opening with a large national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to clients.
They look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems.
This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
They are currently seeking a Principal Geotechnical Consultant to join a growing office to manage the quality, cost, and delivery of government building and infrastructure design and construction projects.
They are looking for a creative professional with a geotechnical engineering background to work on complex projects with collaborative, multidisciplinary teams focused on government buildings and projects.
Duties/Responsibilities The successful candidate will:
* Personally engage in developing and executing strategic geotechnical engineering consulting work with identified existing and target clients totaling at least $750,000 in net revenue annually.
* Actively participate in at least one professional organization focused on the market area and/or issues faced by our clients.
* Have a passion and demonstrated success for developing business with new clients and continuing to foster trusted relationships with existing clients. Project Delivery
* Execute and oversee geotechnical engineering consulting projects, acting as the main client contact for any work attained.
* Oversee the safe execution of all phases of a project to meet the client's objectives, as well as company goals for revenue generation and profitability.
* Demonstrate strong technical competence in the services required by the client.
* Develop annual client action plans, estimate client revenue and profits to support strategy deployment, and lead pursuits with project team members.
* In cooperation with other offices and senior management, develop and implement business strategies to meet stated business metric goals for the North East market.
* Manage all phases and aspects of projects to address client goals and objectives.
* Prepare proposals and project reports/deliverables.
* Maintain authorized contracts, prepare Project Management Plans (PMPs), and manage contract changes in accordance with company standards.
* Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
* Coordinate staff/resource assignments.
* Mentor staff through a "learn-by-doing" model.
* Coordinate with client representatives and external stakeholders. * Work cooperatively in a team-based environment.
Skills/Experience Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Master's degree in civil engineering with a focus in geotechnical engineering.
* More than 12 years of experience in strategic geotechnical engineering consulting in greater Washington, DC/Northern Virginia market.
* A minimum of 3 years in a project management role.
* Professional engineering registration
* Established relationships with government agencies/owners and A/E firms in North East
* Demonstrated track record of selling $750,000 in annual net revenues for consulting work.
* recruiting and mentoring staff in support of business growth and service delivery goals.
* Experience in designing and executing subsurface investigations, engineering analyses and preparation of contract documents for major public projects delivered through both design/bid/build or design/build methods.
* Ability to work successfully in a single profit center, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
This company staff teams engage in challenging environmental, engineering and management projects with clients in the U.S. and internationally. If you enjoy seeing the positive impact of your work and want to grow your skills in a rewarding, collaborative learning environment, they would like to hear from you.
With offices nationwide, our shared vision is to integrate technology and human potential to tackle tough issues facing the world. Through teamwork, sharing knowledge and building on experience, we achieve outcomes that benefit clients and the communities they serve together.