A global and leading management consulting MNC is looking for a Principal Consultant in Shanghai to spearhead the energy market in China. You will be tasked to conduct analysis and lead projects related to the study.
Reporting line: Head of China
- Responsible for winning sales and managing project teams in large complex projects in the Energy sector
- Meet sales targets and sell consulting/solutions such as power market modelling; decarbonisation analyses and strategy; assessments of energy markets, policies, and regulations; market and commercial due diligence related to energy sector transactions; and developing new techniques for projecting market price sand energy sector evolution
- Work with stakeholders to the required consulting engagements related to the energy market in China
- Lead projects and project teams by providing market insights and expertise on the energy market (utilities, electricity, power etc.)
- Act as an internal business leader and contribute leadership to the regional team
- Deliver and lead presentations to maximize internal and external impacts
- Lead a small team of consultants
- 10+ years of management consulting experience in Energy / Electrical sector in Asia
- Rich experience in electricity and/or gas market analysis, electricity market modelling (e.g., PLEXOS), project finance or investments, power system planning, and/or market/commercial due diligence in relation to energy sector transactions.
- Strong network and regulations knowledge in electricity utilities, renewable developers, policy arenas and regulators across Asia
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering background is preferred. Other relevant disciplines are welcome too.
- Fluency in English is a must. Additional Asia languages is a plus (e.g. Japanese, Korean etc.)
If you are interested, please apply with your English CV, detailing your consulting experience in the Electricity and/or Energy sector. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.