What is the opportunity?
Working out of the Albany office, the Principal Civil Engineer is part of the leadership team and has joint responsibility for driving the overall success of the firm across various offices and service groups. Through a hands-on approach and in partnership with our firm-wide Business Development team, this role will work collaboratively to meet the long-term vision and objectives of the firm, while fostering and instilling a culture that promotes creativity and leads an advanced approach to engineering challenges.
The Principal will stay abreast of trends and opportunities, liaise with new and existing business partners and clients, and provide oversight to all in-market business development initiatives. This role will be responsible for leveraging technical expertise to deliver high-quality projects, while building and maintaining strong relationships to win work, extend our service offerings and grow the business. The Principal will ensure all work is carried out in full support of our Vision, Mission, and Values and One Company culture.
What will you do?
- Actively leverage existing relationships with US developers and architects to grow the firm's portfolio with a focus on attracting new clients and business opportunities, while retaining existing clients.
- Lead in-market strategic business development initiatives including creative and technical input to proposal development.
- Take a hands-on approach to providing technical expertise and guidance as the project executive on various projects, to ensure a high level of service to our clients.
- Act as a subject matter expert in engineering technologies, methods and practices by keeping current with emerging trends and market shifts to recommend and implement best practices.
- Provide leadership while actively developing engineers and designers through growth opportunities and mentorship to support professional development and succession planning.
- Participate in industry-related committees, events, and programs to increase Firm's profile within the architectural, engineering, and developer communities.
- Play a corporate leadership role through the support of various initiatives that may be strategic, creative or technical in nature.
- Foster a one-company philosophy and promote our values of creative, collaborative, and advanced.
- Support our mission to 're-imagine the future by changing the way that buildings are conceived and constructed'.
What do you need to succeed?
- A proven track record of growing and developing business in new and emerging markets.
- Strong business acumen, contract negotiation skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- An existing network of industry contacts within the New York market with a proven ability to build relationships and further develop networks.
- Extensive knowledge of local market conditions, emerging trends, and opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to manage complex situations with multiple stakeholders utilizing conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while juggling competing priorities.
- A Professional Engineering license in the State of New York. Additional licenses are a plus.
- Collaborative work ethic.
About the Firm
A consulting engineering practice with a vision of bringing together engineering and intuition to enhance building performance. Backed by decades of experience, we're taking design performance to new heights through our collaboration with clients in East Coast especially Upstate NY and internationally including architects, developers, building owners and managers and construction professionals.
We earn our reputation by applying our ingenuity and use of leading-edge technology. Civil engineering plays an integral role in bringing public and private developments to life. From pre-development and due diligence studies to remediation and construction phase, our firm delivers innovative land solutions throughout the entitlement and building process. Our civil and geotechnical engineers, environmental professionals, and permitting specialists work to develop site plans, land use designs, engineering support, and inspection services for projects of every size, shape, scope, and complexity.
Our core purpose is to realize our potential for the fulfilment of our people, our clients and our communities. We strive to build a better world by being creative, collaborative, and advanced.