Summary: One of the leading Anaerobic Digester developers who own and operate the projects as well in the US. They are building feedback control systems for anaerobic digestion in order to convert organic waste such as manure into clean energy. They will also use this process to extract renewable natural gas in addition to other valuable bi-products. They are based in the Boston area and are backed by institutional investment. They are currently operating close to 30 projects across 13 states. They are looking for a Process Engineer to help them expand quite drastically into other markets in the US.
The Process Engineer will be involved with installation, troubleshooting, and focusing on continuous improvement of their processes and equipment. The Process Engineer should have the ability to take various approaches and techniques to conduct root cause analysis for any issues to design and implement new solutions.
- Experience analyzing production equipment, processes, materials and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of products
- Knowledge of Dynamic and Static mixing principles
- Capable of reading P&ID drawings
- Analytic review of operational plant including waste and recycling operations (thermal, mechanical, and biological)
- Commercial awareness when evaluating minor CAPEX to maximize OPEX returns. Strong verbal and written communication
- Supporting writing of due diligence reports
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Problem solving and analysis of processes, equipment and materials.
- Supporting in the determination of plant energy, emissions, involving thermodynamics through models
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field, 5 years of related engineering experience
- Phone expense reimbursement
- Annual incentive Bonus Opportunity on top of base salary