The Process Engineer would be involved in the process design of Industrial Drying and Evaporator Systems. The individual must have a strong technical background and be able to work in collaboration with the Sales and Project Execution Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide Process Design of Drying and Evaporation Systems
* Develop mass/energy balances, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
* Perform equipment sizing and specifications, and generate cost estimates
* Assist company's sales managers with Proposal generation during sales effort
* Post sales activities would include process execution; detailed process design, functional control specifications, instrumentation specifications, detailed P&ID, HAZOP, start up and commissioning.
* Pilot Plant testing in company's Test Facility
* Conduct Plant Audits, performance evaluation for upgrades and retrofits
* Degree in Chemical Engineering
* 5+ years of experience in related field
* Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in a comprehensive manner
* Ability to work independently to complete assignments
* Willingness to travel (Travel would include start-ups, 2-4 weeks per project, typically 2-3 times per year). Could be up to 35% of the time.
* Previous Experience in evaporator design, crystallizers, and/or drying systems
* Experience with process equipment related to food, chemical, or agricultural industry