A company committed to developing and building grid-scale reliable renewable generation is looking to bring on a Project Development Manager. They are working on a one-of-a-kind solar and storage technology that allows them to develop in innovative ways, taking a new approach to the development process through greenfield and brownfield work on unconventional land to deliver clean and reliable power. This individual will report to the SVP of Development & Legal and will help lead the development efforts of solar + storage projects through permitting, engineering, procurement, construction, and financing.
The Project Development Manager will be responsible for…
- Coordinating the efforts of the land, finance, environmental & permitting and pre-construction teams to ensure that all development milestones are met to prepare the projects for handover to construction.
- Identifying new development prospects and working on site assessments, fatal flaw analysis, initial site reconnaissance, survey coordination and other due diligence on new and existing projects.
- Advancing the development of assigned projects to construction-ready status.
- Providing development and permitting support by helping coordinate internal and external resources to achieve permitting, interconnection, and other project development milestones.
- Creating and maintaining project databases and tracking tools for the companies renewable projects.
- Attending community meetings and representing the company with customers, landowners, state and local officials, and other stakeholders.
- Performing regional market and competitive analysis.
- Establishing and maintaining industry and community relationships to advance project development.
- Supporting due diligence on project acquisition opportunities.
- Initiating and managing generation interconnection activities.
- Supporting commercial and power marketing efforts for assigned projects, including RFP responses.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- 3-5 years of work experience in the renewable and clean energy industry.
- A strong understanding of the development process of clean and renewable energy projects.
- Strong organizational, networking, leadership, time management, and accounting skills.
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility as business needs and priorities shift.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- A desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong demonstrated interest in renewable energy.
- BS or BA from an accredited college program- Engineering or Finance Degree a plus
- The ability to travel as needed, anticipated 30 - 50% of the time.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are excited to look at renewables from a new perspective and are excited about a company that is committed to helping communities by revitalizing the land for a bright energy future, this is the role for you!