A start up focused on the development of Solar Projects on reclaimed mining land is looking for a Project Development Manager to join their team, reporting to the SVP of Development & Legal. This individual will help lead the development efforts of solar + storage projects through permitting, engineering, procurement, construction, and financing.
The Development Manager will be responsible for…
- Leading the development efforts of the companies projects by coordinating the efforts of the land, finance, environmental & permitting and pre-construction teams to ensure that all development milestones are met to prepare the projects for handover to construction.
- Identifying new development prospects and assist with site assessments, fatal flaw analysis, initial site reconnaissance, survey coordination and other due diligence on new and existing projects.
- Advancing the development of assigned projects to construction-ready status.
- Providing development and permitting support by helping coordinate internal and external resources to achieve permitting, interconnection, and other project development milestones.
- Creating and maintaining project databases and tracking tools for the companies projects.
- Attend community meetings and represent the company with customers, landowners, state and local officials, and other stakeholders, as requested.
- Managing project budgets and schedules.
- Evaluating and tracking power market trends.
- Assisting with inputs to the financial model.
- Performing regional market and competitive analysis as requested.
- Establishing and maintaining industry and community relationships to advance project development.
- Supporting due diligence on project acquisition opportunities, as requested.
- Initiating and managing generation interconnection activities.
- Supporting commercial and power marketing efforts for assigned projects, including RFP responses.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- 2-5 years' work experience in the renewable and clean energy industry.
- Ideally 2+ years' experience working on the full lifecycle of development taking projects from the start to COD.
- A strong understanding of the development process of clean and renewable energy projects.
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility as business needs and priorities shift.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- A desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- BS or BA from an accredited college program
- Engineering, Environmental or Finance Degree a plus
- Travel as needed, anticipated 30 - 50% of the time.