The Mid-Level Project Engineer position in heavy civil construction is responsible for the planning, coordination and control of new construction projects and activities. The Project Engineer will provide support to the Project Manager and Project Superintendent in the areas of budgeting, scheduling, procurement, and quality assurance.
This position will be based in the office and in the field and provide specific support on large civil infrastructure projects and activities as assigned by the Project Manager/Superintendent and/or the General Contractor. The Mid-Level Project Engineer will be responsible for adhering to the Company's policies and procedures while completing tasks efficiently.
- Prepare detailed estimates and cost analyses of civil infrastructure projects.
- Assist with preparation of bid documents and cost proposals for new projects.
- Work with the Project Manager and Superintendent to develop detailed construction work plans and schedules.
- Assist with procurement of materials and equipment for projects.
- Monitor current and projected budgets for projects.
- Assist with coordination of project activities with other departments, contractors, and vendors.
- Monitor project progress and performance, and suggest corrective actions when necessary.
- Manage the approval and filing process for third-party permits.
- Prepare and submit progress reports to the Project Manager and/or Superintendent.
- Assure compliance with safety regulations and Company policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in civil infrastructure project coordination/management.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and other computer software programs.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of construction engineering, construction project planning and management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with field staff and upper management.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to join an established, employee-owned general contracting firm. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, and much more.