This firm is hiring a Roadway Design Project Engineer to assist with Roadway Design in their Fairfax, Virginia office. As a Project Engineer, you will partner with the firms' experts and resources across the company to assist with technical design in a world class roadway program in the Northern Virginia area.
- Contribute design expertise on roadway design projects in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Review and certify engineering documents to meet quality control goals and standards of care
- Assist with managing prime and sub-contractor projects and teams
- Produce construction documents, specifications, and construction cost estimates is a plus
- Facilitate internal and client meetings, presentations and approval of plans
- Understand AASHTO and FHWA Design Standards and other design manuals and guidelines including VDOT Plan Development Process.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program.
- Six (6) years or more of experience in transportation/roadway engineering.
- Virginia Professional Engineering Registration (PE)
- Expertise in Microstation / Geopak / InRoads/ Open Roads and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Virginia Department of Transportation or local county/city agency experience
- Alternative project delivery experience is a plus
- A Master's degree in engineering or related fields is desirable