Position: Project Finance Associate
Summary: As a pioneering solar developer, this company has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. The company has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including recognition of being one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine.
The company is seeking an experience, reliable Project Finance Associate with strong financial modelling capabilities to join its solar and storage development business. This position would report directly to the company's Managing Director of Project Finance. The role requires engagement with providers of capital including construction debt, term debt, and tax equity. Ideal candidate will live in the Greater Boston area, able to work at home and in the office.
Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
The Project Finance Associate's responsibilities include:
- Build, own, and operate project level financial models across the company's solar + storage portfolio
- Support project acquisition processes and assume lead responsibility for financial modelling of such opportunities
- Produce analyses from those financial models to optimize returns, support decision making in the project development team, and support project financing activities
- Support developers and the executive team in assessing offtake, financing and structuring opportunities
- Provide continuity of support through construction and into operations and transferring financial models to the asset management team
The Project Finance Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in the field of Finance, Economics or Engineering
- 2-3 years of renewable energy project finance experience, investment banking experience, or equivalent experience in infrastructure finance
- Demonstrated deep financial modelling skillset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated capability to understand and analyze complex financial problems and find innovative solutions
- Highly numerate, with strong writing and communication skills, particularly in communicating financial concepts and analysis
- Methodical and detail minded
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with various teams across the business
If interested, please do not hesitate to apply!