Company Summary: this company is the leading developer, owner, and operator of commercial & industrial (C&I) solar projects in the Washington DC area. Their mission is to make solar a reality for their entire community. They specialize in developing, financing, and operating solar energy systems within the built environment. They design and deliver comprehensive procurement and solar investment solutions for business municipalities, and institutions empowering them to achieve their sustainability goals and positively impact their community.
Position Summary: This role will be responsible for project underwriting, project finance due diligence, and data management associated with debt, tax equity, and M&A transactions on the company's portfolio of solar projects. The role will provide a unique opportunity to be involved with highly structured debt and tax equity investments at an exciting and fast-growing company with superb work-life balance and opportunities for professional growth.
Location: Washington DC (remote flexible)
The responsibilities of the Project Finance Associate include:
- Manage key internal stakeholder relationships through concise communication and data management, working to build trust across functions
- Lead project finance due diligence and data room management for debt and tax equity financing for projects and portfolios of projects
- Maintain transaction financial models for debt and tax equity transactions
- Assist with internal due diligence of the company's development pipeline and acquisition opportunities, including reviewing engineering reports, legal documents, financial statements and project contracts
- Own and maintain a log for all open diligence items and closing checklists during a transaction, and manage relevant stakeholders
- Build and maintain files to accurately forecast future development cash needs with variance analyses, and report findings to Finance Leadership
- Communicate and document project due diligence processes and requirements to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive process, organization, and error-elimination efforts surrounding information management through the life cycle of a project
- Effectively communicate and translate deal points and issues with finance, legal, engineering, and construction focused stakeholders
The Project Finance Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related degree preferred)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a project finance-related role
- Comfortable working in Excel and strong skills working with a financial model
- Analytical, pragmatic and a thoughtful communicator - you can explain and problem-solve financial issues with non-subject matter experts across different business units
- Full-time availability
- Vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
If interested in the position, please feel free to apply!