Job Title: Project Finance Manager
Company Summary: A major manufacture of photo-voltaic (PV) solar cells, with a large presence in the Asian market, is looking to expand their team in North America. The company focuses on developing, investing, and delivering solar photo-voltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction services in North America. They have brought over a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants tailored to local and regional energy needs.
The Project Finance Manager will be a key team member with responsibilities related to financing of various renewable energy projects in the Northeast (including NY, MA, CT, NJ and other states). Entrepreneurial drive, dedication and a proactive attitude are essential qualities for this role within a lean and focused team of industry experts. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-growing market with enormous potential.
The ideal candidate will be based in the Northeast (including NY, MA, CT, NJ and other states) and may require business travel up to 30% of the time. Flexible working arrangements, including full-time remote work may be approved for the right candidate
The Manager of Project Finance will be responsible for:
- Sales enablement, through in-person participation, development of sales tools and collateral;
- Opportunity qualification, building advanced financial models and performing in-depth analysis of both risks and rewards;
- Close collaboration with other project stakeholders, including engineering, project management, energy services, and legal;
- Formulating investment theses and presenting investment opportunities to senior management;
- Transaction due diligence, ensuring timely and efficient financial closings with external financial partners
The Manager of Project Finance should have the following qualifications:
- 2 years' professional experience from financing of renewable energy systems in the United States, ideally in northeastern markets;
- Demonstrated track record of analyzing renewable energy projects;
- Knowledge of federal and local incentive programs for renewable energy in general, and for solar photovoltaics and battery energy storage systems in particular;
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently;
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a business process mindset;
- Passion for renewable energy and interest in developing deep industry expertise;
- Undergraduate degree in science, engineering, economics or related field. Graduate degree preferred
If interested, please do not hesitate to apply!