Summary: A global renewable energy developer and independent power producer (IPP), with a robust pipeline approaching 17 GW, is looking to increase their presence in the North American market. Founded in 2008, the company has transformed into a global player, developing, and owning utility-scale projects across 12 different countries including onshore wind, solar PV, and battery energy storage. The company is looking for a Project Finance Manager to join their team.
The Financial Project Manager will work closely with the capital markets leader focusing on sourcing, evaluating, and implementing project financing of solar and storage projects. This position is an open-ended role with the ability to rapidly build expertise in the renewable energy financing, as well as bespoke debt and equity structuring at both the corporate and project level.
Location: Flexibility to work either hybrid/in-person in Boise, ID, or remotely within New York
The Project Finance Manager's responsibilities include:
- Lead sourcing, evaluation, selection, modeling and structuring of debt and tax equity facilities on solar and storage projects
- Provide recommendations for new processes, analysis and approaches that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the Commercial Finance Team
- Attend conferences, manager meetings, due diligence meetings and provide detailed memorandums for the Commercial Finance Team
- Serve as a mentor to more junior analysts who join the team over time
- Fully own modeling tax equity and debt assumptions and assist the finance team in modeling efficient partnership structures
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
The Project Finance Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic track record; preferred in finance or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, Finance Manager, or other related position
- Experience with leadership, managing a small team or demonstrated mentorship
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Expected to exhibit a strong work ethic, manage multiple high priority projects and work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Deep understanding of renewable energy financing structures and mechanics
- Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
If interested, please do not hesitate to apply!