I am seeking a Building Enclosure Project Manager with professional experience in building enclosure design, waterproofing, assessment, testing, and repair to join my client's growing Building Enclosure Practice in Chicago. In this position, the qualified individual will manage projects involving the design of new enclosure systems, and repairs for existing enclosure systems. Project management tasks include project cost estimating, budget review, resource allocation and planning.
My client is a leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm with multiple locations across the US, providing innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. The firm is focused on providing engineering, commissioning, and technology services across the United States and around the world and their quality services are based on the in-depth experience and expertise of their engineers, consultants, and all of their staff.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Architecture in Building Science/Building Enclosures/ Historic Preservation
- Master's degree preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA)
- 5-7 years' experience
- Having IIBEC credentials such as an RRO/RRC/RWC/REWC is a plus
- Experience in building enclosure design, repair, and retrofit and the integrated design and delivery of high-performance buildings
- Experience with exterior wall, below-grade waterproofing, plaza, and roofing assemblies
- Understanding of building science and thermal analysis concepts as well as a knowledge of modeling building performance and sustainability
- Experience with Revit and/or CAD
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform review of roofing and waterproofing systems for new construction, and work on designs related to renovation, and restoration projects
- Investigate and determine the service life of building enclosure assemblies
- Perform enclosure review to assess air infiltration, watertightness, heat transfer, and vapor transmission
- Perform building performance analysis including evaluate day-lighting, solar heat gain, thermal energy transfer, and holistic integration of the enclosure with building mechanical, lighting, and plumbing systems.