LVI Associates is currently working on behalf of an electrical contractor looking to expand their project management team. They are looking for a Project Manager to manage an upcoming federal project in Louisiana. This, however, is a permanent role and the successful candidate will then be moved on to another project within the south or southeast but will be hired by, and report to, the Atlanta office.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Manage multimillion projects on time and on budget
- Work with GCs and end users to foster business relationships
- Understand external customer needs and maintain and develop relationships. Ensure that every project is managed to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Work with estimators to ensure bids are as accurate as possible
- Visit sites to ensure job completion, safety standards and work orders are being completed
- Build strong relationships within the organisation and sister companies, including business development, safety, fleet, operations, human resources and finance.
- Mentor and develop team members; provide feedback; support internal and external opportunities to build professional and managerial skills as well as additional certification achievements.
- Provide key role in executing troubled project recovery plans in conjunction with senior managers and project teams.
Skills and Experience Required
- Highly Experienced in Electrical Construction
- Having worked in a Non-Union environment previously is desired
- Journeyman's licence and/or Apprenticeship trained
- Must be a US Citizen
- Scheduling Skills
- Proven Track record running $10 + million projects
- Experience working on federal projects in a management or supervisory function
- OSHA 30 preferred
- Degree is preferred