LVI is currently working with a leader in the high-voltage electrical construction sector across the Southeast United States. This firm is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Project Manager (PM) to join our team in Florida. This candidate will manage Transmission and Distribution projects across the SE region.
- Managing and directing the project team by providing the communication, coordination and follow-up necessary to meet the project goals and objectives.
- Maintains ongoing training and mentoring of project team.
- Directly responsible to senior management.
- Facilitate job hand off from estimating to field project supervision.
- Provides ongoing project information and project reviews as required by management.
- Coordinates training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
- Ensures scope of work, schedule, and budget are clearly defined and understood by senior management and all project participants, including client.
- Determines, controls, and maintains overall project and discipline schedules and budgets.
- Tracks schedule and budget progress with project milestones and takes all action necessary to keep project on track.
- Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Maintains ongoing communication with client, adjusting as necessary to comply with client's needs within contractual obligations, or adjusting project deliverables to meet the client.
- Manage and oversee all subcontractors
The Project Manager will work with Field Management (General Foreman/Superintendents) and Functional Management (Safety, Fleet, etc.) to help achieve their respective project management objectives. This position reports directly to the assigned Sr. Project Manager.
In some instances, an Assistant Project Manager (APM) may be assigned to the Project Manager (PM). The APM will directly report to the PM to assist with technical requirements and with the primary focus of obtaining the knowledge and skills required to become a successful Project Manager.
- BS/BA in Construction Management, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' previous experience in Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management or related utility construction.
- Safety oriented, 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certifications, or OSHA 10 and 20 ETD are preferred.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred. If not already obtained, candidate will be asked to pursue with SEC support.
- Experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with Scheduling Software - Primavera (preferred), MS Project, etc.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Superior communication and organization development skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and time management skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to freely access all construction sites in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Must be willing to travel with possibilities of extended overnight.
- Drug Free Workplace: New employees must submit and successfully pass post-off drug screening
- Competitive Salary
- Company Truck (Including fuel Card and SunPass)
- Visa Purchase Card (For company related expenses in lieu of expense reports)
- Laptop Computer, Smart Phone, Tablet
- Comprehensive benefits package including 100% employer paid benefits
- 401k match (up to 6%)
- Bonus - Annual Stock Grants (eligible)
- Bonus - Annual Cash Bonus (discretionary)