Manage all aspects of projects including budgets, project schedules, documentation, and customer communications. Ensures all customer specifications and our quote requirements are met. Verify all check lists and project punch lists are completed. Coordinate project schedules, budget and specifications with Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering and Assembly department to allow effective planning and management of resources.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of automated equipment as relates to mechanical design and controls design and functionality.
- Leadership: In order to be an effective and influential leader, the PM must have this knowledge in order to ensure that all phases of the project are being effectively managed and directed.
- Excellent communication skills: The PM is required to communicate with all internal departments and customers in order to ensure overall project direction and tasks are understood and clear.
- Sound judgement and common sense: Since each project is unique in and of itself, there is no cookie cutter recipe for every project. Each project will take on a life of its own which requires the PM to objectively consider different inputs as they arise and determine the best course of action based on your general knowledge and ability to adapt to different circumstances.
- Must be able to get along well with others: Daily interaction with team members and customers is required. Good mediation skills are very beneficial.
- Excellent organizational skills: The PM must be able to handle the workload of several on-going projects and ensure that critical tasks and milestones are occurring as required for the project. This requires the PM to be able to multi-task and be able to manage the daily disruptions that occur with the varied projects that are in process.