Leading engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicago and the Mid-Atlantic area is looking for a Fiber Project Manager.
The ideal candidate will have outside/inside plant fiber engineering experience in aerial and underground facilities, as well as a thorough knowledge of all issues related to local and state permitting, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Serves as lead for the design on multiple and complex projects.
- Reviews calculations and drawings for permits and construction. Perform quality checks of redlines and designed prints with specifications, standards, practices and guidelines
- Knowledgeable in industry specifications and fiber splicing.
- Maintains all project documentation and filing.
- Manages and monitors budgeting, scheduling, and scoping tasks on multiple projects
- Provides communication on milestones, delivery, and general updates to key personnel
- Understands rates for work being provided and makes sure we're bidding competitively
- Able to read and understand system designs to ensure proper construction of aerial and underground fiber optics
- Leads the project team and trains, supports, and develops team members
- Attend client meetings (conference calls and in-person)
- Daily and weekly reporting on project milestones and updates
- Ability to go into the field on an as needed basis
- Previous Project Management experience with 3+ year's experience in the telecommunications/fiber optic industry preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of inside/outside plant fiber optic network infrastructures
- Prior experience with RFP's, pricing/rates, and bidding within the telecom industry
- Prior fiber fielding experience
- Knowledge of constructability practices and principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management with the ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field