Title: Project Manager (Project Finance & M&A)
Location: Boston, MA
Summary: You will be joining a Boston-based growing team of 8 professionals and will work in close collaboration with colleagues in Africa, Americas, Asia, and Europe on our international renewable energy projects.
As senior on our Project Finance deal team, you will be right in the middle of all the action. From working on impactful transactions to leading missions with autonomy, you will be accountable for the smooth execution of advisory missions relating to financial structuring, raising required debt or leading M&A equity finance transactions. You will be the primary point of contact for clients, other stakeholders and the rest of the team. This is the ideal job for you to apply your analytical skills and curiosity for out-of-the-box solutions.
- Taking responsibility for advisory missions e.g. relating to financial structuring, raising required debt or supporting M&A equity finance transactions
- Leading the interactions with clients, banks and other project stakeholders
- Supervising financial analysts on the development and management of financial models and cash flow valuations for renewable energy projects
- Overseeing due diligence processes including work prepared by other advisors
- Gathering of market intelligence on sectors of interest to the company such as electricity markets, debt markets or venture capital markets
- Being active in sharing knowledge, building networks and support business development
- Active participation in an entrepreneurial, international and dynamic team focused on making projects happen and going the extra mile for the client
We are looking for someone with a masters or similar degree, preferably in Finance or Engineering, 10+years of relevant work experience, and a passion for renewables. In addition, here are some attributes that are critical to the job.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to learn quickly
- A strong understanding of and mastering of financial concepts and products
- Ability to communicate complex ideas with ease and simplicity
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative, ownership and accountability for allocated tasks
- The ability to work in cross-border teams with a willingness to travel abroad
- Empathy and willingness to understand the needs and aspirations of relevant stakeholders
- US renewable energy experience (M&A or Corporate Finance) and knowledge of US markets (including tax equity modelling) is required
Package and application
This job is to be filled on a permanent contract basis and full-time. A competitive compensation package including various benefits such as public transport, pension options, lunch vouchers, flexible work (home office) is offered. The candidate can expect opportunities to travel to other offices and to participate in regular team building activities. Additionally, the candidate will be given the opportunity to grow, and take responsibility in a dynamic renewables market environment.
If you're interested in starting your career with the client, don't wait and please submit your application here!
About The Client
If you are passionate about finance, keen to contribute actively to the energy transition, and want to work in a dynamic, international and fast paced environment in a team that thrives on delivering high quality results whilst having a collaborative and fun working atmosphere, you should definitely consider joining us,
Advancing the global energy transformation towards sustainable power systems requires a rapid scaling-up of the renewable energy ecosystem and a paradigm shift in investment patterns. Every day, over 120 employees spread out globally on five continents work together to provide tailor-made advisory services to their clients across the renewable energy value chain.
We bring value to our clients and the projects that we work on through the quality of work we deliver, our wide and in depth knowledge of the markets, and our independent and honest advice.
We believe in transparency and team work, in taking ownership and going the extra mile for our clients and make time to celebrate successes, milestones and personal achievements together.
As the client grows, enters new markets, and paves the way ahead for the entire renewable energy business value chain, we are looking for people with an entrepreneurial mindset to challenge the norms and push the envelope of possibilities.