Job Title: Project Wetlands Scientist
Location: Remote (Midwest Region)
About the Firm: A growing Employee-Owned environmental consulting firm dedicated to supporting staff career progression and meeting environmental and transportation challenges. Our Client is seeking a Project Wetlands Scientist to join their team and help drive success in the Midwest region.
As a Project Wetlands Scientist, you will have the direct support of senior staff and Directors. You will also manage projects and train junior staff. Your expertise in wetland delineations and project management skills will be essential in ensuring the successful completion of projects while maintaining the highest environmental standards.
- Conduct detailed fieldwork, organize and save field data in digital formats, and write technical reports and permit applications for approvals under the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and other resource planning/permitting, and/or natural resource disciplines
- Moderate Travel and field work.
- Perform wetland delineations and assist in local, state, and federal permitting - 401/404 Permitting
- Work independently and/or as part of a team conducting ecological surveys to support utility, transportation, and development projects.
- Assist government and private-sector clients with wetland delineations, jurisdictional determinations, mapping, report writing, and natural resources surveys
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biology, Environmental Scientist or related field.
- 5-12 years' experience within environmental consulting
- Knowledge of CWA Sections 401/404, NEPA and associated permitting.
- Strong understanding of environmental regulations in the Midwest region.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for fieldwork or client meetings.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Employee Stock Options Opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Remote work flexibility with a focus on work-life balance.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- Engaging and collaborative work environment.
How to Apply:
If you are a dedicated Wetland Scientist with project management experience and a passion for making a positive impact on the environment, we encourage you to apply.