- They are a nationally recognized construction management firm that has over 500 employees and now are targeting on expanding their quality assurance department with a rise is sustainable building envelope systems.
- What makes them unique in comparison to their competitors? quality of projects, breadth of services offered, costs covered for continued education, volunteering opportunities and above all, their dynamic work culture!
- You will be reporting to the Director of the department who has extensive knowledge in the construction and building envelope industry. You will need to have a desire in delivering on project quality, understanding of building technology, and adhere to installation procedures.
- Given the diversity of this role, in order to thrive you must have have passion for continued education, mentoring younger staff members as you grow, serve as leadership figure and maintain existing client relationships.
- Since quality is of utmost priority, you will also be require to go on site observations and quality assurance meetings.
- Works with the Head of the Department to complete each task to be productive in client meetings and construction sites.
- Assess construction documents, specifications, shop drawings, and submittals with the purpose to distinguish difficulties and potential open doors.
- Collaborate with other team members to foster quality methodology.
- Fills in as a specialized asset to the undertaking group in areas of task conveyance, constructability, building innovation, and quality.
- Research items, frameworks, procedures, and emerging technology developments to stay updated with changes in the industry.
- Works with subcontractors to maintain their Quality Control Plans.
- Lead project Quality pre-establishment gatherings.
- Surveys work in the field, shooting, and examining work set up with the project team.
- Writes reports for each project to ensure procedures and expectations are aligned.
- Participate in conferences/events across Chicagoland and in some cases, out of state a few times each year.
- Surveys 30-50 projects every year with the average size of $10 million.
- Bachelors degree in construction engineering, Architecture or related field.
- 5 years in a Construction Management or related industry.
- Extensive experience with ASTM standards and knowledge of construction testing procedures.
- Knowledge of building envelope systems and life safety is required.
- Experience with building codes is a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong curiosity for how things go together.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Competitive Benefits: Generous matched 401k contributions, health-care, 2 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Continued education, certifications or personal educational interests required for this role will be paid for.