The Project Manager/Estimator will manage and report the current status of a fixed bid project schedule, scope, and budget/cost in an accurate and timely manner.
Executes job plans by coordinating and scheduling assignments, bidding, engineering, opening job numbers, and coordinating the materials logistics, crews, and tools required to complete projects on time and within budget. The Project Manager acts as a single point of contact for the customer, sales, operations, and other internal departments on Data Center fixed bid projects. Prepares and submits customer-required status reports and project deliverables.
Produces fixed cost proposal design, development and implementation for various systems including structured cabling, security, wireless, VOIP, public address and CATV with Data Center Focus.
- Produces fixed cost proposal design, development and implementation for various systems including structured cabling, security, wireless, VOIP, public address and CATV with a national focus.
- Processes quotes, including project-specific, generic, and model-based quotes, to establish budgets for the customer's project
- Develops new project budgets for material, engineering, and installation labor
- Manage and report the current status of fixed bid project schedules, scopes, and budget/cost in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and distribute regular performance and status reports as required.
- Material Management
- Conduct site surveys, quality checks and job audits.
- Works with the customer, suggesting alternatives as required to meet the customer's needs and expectations, as well as satisfy sales objectives
- Customer support, including: interfacing with the customer, providing guidance on problem resolution, insuring on time customer service, and maintaining a strong customer relations.
- Understands, adheres to, & promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies of Telecoms Group.
- Leadership - Proven success in leading high performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Analytical Thinking - Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused - Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills - Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills - ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to workforce
- Associate's degree in related field required or a minimum of three years equivalent experience in a similar technical management position
- Extensive relevant technical experience to include fundamental understanding of voice and data networking, structured cabling, fiber optics, routing and switching. Familiarity with business concepts related to the use of information technologies and networking in all aspects of business and organizational operations for the achievement of business/operating objectives
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft
- Proficiency with MS Visio and AutoCAD desired
- Think critically and problem solve
- Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
- Good judgment
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of Telecommunications industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Current industry-related licenses and certifications preferred
- Use of standard office equipment.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Travel required.
- Must be able to work in the United States.