A chemical MNC is looking for a Regional APAC Product Manager in Singapore to manage the marketing portfolio for polyurethane and polyol business segment. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a well-established and financially stable company that is well known in the sector.
- Support the Polyols and Polyurethane Systems business strategy:
- Coordinate and provide Asia Pacific regional input to the global strategic business unit Strategy Development team
- Build up market intelligence: market size, growth rates and trends
- Understand changes in the competitive environment. Analyze and present impacts to business unit
- Consolidate the business case for Asia Pacific and support annual budget planning
- Implementation of strategic measures to achieve targets:
- Support the organization to implement new business models (new business processes, new sales capabilities, new production capabilities, etc.)
- Communicate the strategic measures to relevant parties to ensure smooth implementation
- Together with Marketing & Sales (M&S), identify profitable business growth opportunities in existing markets
- Develop a deep understanding of the value drivers. Communicate corrective measures and ensure timely implementation to meet targets.
- Pricing: Support downstream strategic business unit Product Management team and industries in defining target margins and monitor margins development
- Raw material cost: pre-empt cost escalation. Initiate pro-active substitution of key raw materials and engage procurement and internal suppliers. Provide input to Controlling for transfer pricing discussions with other operating divisions.
- Support Controlling to develop an accurate cost allocation mechanism to ensure fair representation of costing structure
- degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering, business administration, economics or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the related field
- In-depth marketing experience
- In-depth strategic and analytical experience
- Preferably a background in Polyols and Polyurethane Systems, Chemistry or polymer science
- Good communication skills
Do reach out with your English CV should you or someone you know is interested.