I am working with a multi-disciplinary forensic engineering company who have just come off the back of their highest performing year in their history and are looking to capitalize on this success by making a strategic hire in Texas to come in and help execute their growing backlog of work. The core of this company is centred around their culture: They place an emphasis on flexibility and employee autonomy over their projects to ensure the highest staff satisfaction and ideal work-life balance. This is reflected in who they are looking for- a personable and driven individual with ambitions to help grow something for a company.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Conduct forensic investigations on multifamily and high rise commercial buildings to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures for insurance companies, attorneys, private homeowners and property owners.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damage, hurricanes, and floods.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Provide repair recommendations for failed structures
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required time-frames.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide time-lines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Experience with premises and walking surface investigations, product defect cases a plus.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor of science in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering
- PE license required
- 10+ year's experience in engineering
- 3+ year's experience in Forensics - Structural design, investigation, and construction defect experience.
- Experience in rehabilitation of structures
- Project Management experience: Covering a variety of multifamily and commercial structures.
- Expert witness and litigation experience desired
Do you feel as though this particular does not role fit with your experience, but are still interested in progressing you career with other opportunities? Connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn and send your resume over to discuss other options!