The successful candidate will be part of a wider US team collaborating closely with globally situated facades teams in London, Berlin, Hong Kong, Beijing and Shenzhen. You will also enjoy access to the wider ecosystem of specialisms across the company ranging from fire engineering, energy and sustainability, structural Engineering and MEP.
This is a diverse role with excellent progression opportunities in a globally expanding Facades discipline. The company are looking for a candidate equally comfortable in hands-on technical delivery as they are in commercial management, leadership and business development.
The Company are innovators in Facade Engineering, Enclosure Consulting and Sustainability, having delivered some of the world's most architecturally unique buildings. The Facade team collaborates closely on projects as one globally connected community, and this role will see you occupying a key role in this community, leveraging teams in Europe, Asia and the US across an international portfolio of signature projects.
Naturally, as an Associate Principal/Director your responsibilities will be varied and wide-reaching, however they can typically be expected to comprise...
- Acting as a Design Leader on Global Facades projects.
- Partnering closely with global facades teams to support discipline development, work-winning, work-sharing and internal mobility, et al.
- Leading Façade discipline projects on behalf of the group (operating as Job or Project Leader as appropriate), taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships
- Winning work - actively identifying and converting leads to projects
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships under all circumstances, maximising opportunities for repeat business
- Mentoring Façade Engineering staff, particularly Senior Engineers and Associates
- Working with the Group Leader to ensure that the latest learning and development initiatives are implemented within the team.
- Participate in and ensure delivery of the process of high-level project technical/quality reviews of specifications, reports and drawings produced by the team
- Work with other senior members of the team to ensure 'design rigor' is delivered on each project, and in particular ensuring design QA processes are fully planned and implemented.
- Working with other senior members of the team to ensure the continued team development of digital design and integration of the development within the practice.
- Ensuring that the discipline and its projects are financially successful.