Calling all roofers in Minnesota
My client is looking for their next roofing consultant to join in their Minnesota office. Having a plethora of clients on the books, there is ample work right off the bat and scope to begin developing your own clients as you progress.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions and damage to roofing systems and components as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human-induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include catastrophes such as hurricanes, tornadoes, fires and earthquakes.
- Ability to investigate roof failures and identify causation.
- Diagnose roofing system and assembly conditions and develop scopes of repair.
- Ability to develop roof repair/replacement cost estimates, desirable.
- Communicate with Clients, interface with Code Officials and Contractors to address construction issues and provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of Client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed.
Education and Experience requirements:
- 5 years plus of experience in roofing for new and existing structures including investigation, design, testing and/or installation.
- Understanding of building systems with various roofing systems for commercial, industrial, single- and multi-family, high-rise buildings and structures.
- Experience with steep-slope roofs including asphalt shingles, clay and concrete tile, metal panel and tile roofing systems, slate, wood shakes and shingles, and synthetic roofs.
- Membership with IIBEC a plus along with achievement of Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) or Registered Roof Observer (RRO).
- Knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices for roofing systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Writing samples may be requested.
- Experience in property loss and construction defects, desirable.