You will work with clients and other consultants such as Engineers, Architects to assess, analyze, and design repairs for hotels, parking garages, plazas, recreational centres and other existing buildings structures. You will have a passion for solving challenging structural issues and helping restore some of the most famous structures in Illinois.
About the Company:
- The average tenure of employees is 10 years which is a testament to the culture they've built across the years.
- Due to their quality work, they known to be market specialists in their field and as a result have many repeat clients and did not lay off anyone during the pandemic.
- In the next few months they will be opening another office in the Midwest to expand their foot-print.
- Perform condition assessments and investigations on existing structures and structural analysis of distress or deterioration. Structures include parking garages, sidewalk vaults, plazas, historic, and other existing buildings structures. Materials include concrete (conventional/post-tensioned), steel, masonry, heavy timber, and glass.
- Coordinate destructive or nondestructive material testing with a testing firm subconsultant.
- Develop and prioritize repair alternatives.
- Prepare written technical reports which summarize your field observations, conclusions, recommendations, and engineer's opinion of cost.
- Perform structural analysis by hand calculation and/or computer modeling to verify capacity of existing structure or design strengthening.
- Prepare repair documents including repair drawings and specifications.
- Perform construction administration services including project management, field construction observation, project meeting attendance meetings, RFI response, submittal review, and written field reports.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum 9 years of experience
- Licensed P.E or S.E in IL
- Must have advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT and/or experience with BIM.
- Must have experience supervising complex projects to completion by directing subordinates and providing detailed direction and training.
- Conferences, Industry Participation
- Bonus Opportunities
- Benefits: Health Insurance/Simple IRA/Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Company Parties/Sporting Events