A top AEC firm is growing and looking for a Transportation Roadway Engineer within highway design. This firm would prefer for this person to work out of their Virginia Beach office, however, can sit out of either Richmond or Tysons Corner.
The duties for this role include highway design, development of traffic plans, cost estimates, and construction plans. The multi-disciplined team uses skills and experiences to improve communities.
- Perform engineering related duties as a lead project engineer including analysis and design on complex transportation projects, grading, and plan preparation
- Lead production of Client deliverables, including construction documents, with a focus on project budget and schedule
- Perform best practices, in compliance with VHB standards, for quality control of work products
- Meet with clients to prepare and validate scope of work
- Assist marketing with technical development of proposal or presentation materials
- Engage and coordinate multi-discipline design team(s), including coordination with subconsultants,
- Collaborate with technical specialists to resolve technical and coordination issues and conflicting design criteria
- Deliver related services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda/amendments and tabulating/reviewing of bids
- Perform construction phase services, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings
- Assist with mentoring of the professional development of junior Transportation staff
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS a plus
- 5+ years of professional transportation engineering experience
- PE certification in VA strongly preferred or be able to obtain within a year