This position will involve performing traffic studies, analysis and/or traffic designs for transportation projects. Assignments will include identifying and developing creative technical solutions and preparing traffic designs, technical reports and presentations. Candidates must have excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills and have the ability to be highly responsive to clients.
Project assignments can range from small-scale intersection improvements to complex interchanges and corridors. Specific assignments would include traffic operations modeling, simulations, capacity analysis, safety studies, transportation planning studies, travel demand modeling and forecasting, and design of traffic control devices including signals, signing, pavement markings, ITS devices and lighting.
- BSCE with 5-15 years of traffic engineering experience
- Experience or knowledge of VISSIM, VISUM, HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, SIDRA
- Experience in the design of traffic control devices including signals, signing, pavement markings, ITS devices and lighting preferred
- Experience working with MicroStation
- Exceptional communication, technical writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate orally/written at all levels of the organization[MJ1]
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team