As a Roof Consultant/Designer, you will use your technical skills and knowledge to solve unique and interesting problems within a company that provides you the freedom and resources to advance your career.
For the firm in question,creating lasting solutions that extend the service life of structures is at the heart of why they do what they do. Whether preserving historic buildings, rehabilitating an existing structure, or designing sustainable, high performance elements for new construction, staff enjoy a supportive, creative work environment and engagement with other experienced and dedicated professionals.
This company actively support involvement and engagement in industry groups, publication of papers, speaking engagements and more. As part of an employee-owned team, you have a real sense of togetherness and community.
- You will oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage, or other moisture induced damage.
- You will be expected to also oversee and mentor junior engineering staff in the evaluation and renovation of existing roofing and facades.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings, particularly roofing systems.
- Conduct third party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Oversee the field testing of roofing and other architectural systems including windows, doors, curtain-walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
The ideal candidate:
- Licensed professional architect or engineer
- The ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following: Registered Roof Consultant (RRC); Registered Roof Observer (RRO); Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC); Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC); Registered Exterior Wall Observer (REWO); Registered Building Envelope Consultant (RBEC).
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations with local travel to project sites in Virginia, Maryland, and DC.as well as periodic travel to other locations throughout the United States
- 6+ years' experience
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent client relations and communication skills are required.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) partially paid by company
- Paid life insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan