LVI is seeking an experienced Building Envelope Consultant (Senior Architect). This person will play a key role in helping this top tier engineering and architectural grow!
As a Building Envelope Consultant, you will manage a team of architects and engineers and be a part of training and developing, business development, client management and mentoring and developing. You'll be involved in a dynamic portfolio of New York City projects of all scope and scale. From low-income housing to luxury towers, land-marked buildings to iconic NYC architecture, our team tackles restoration and historic preservation challenges through all phases on the project; from planning to construction administration.
My client is driven by the most effective solutions and new innovative technologies, The team leverages the latest technology to boost every aspect of our design and project delivery - from 3D printers that revolutionize constructability, to doing inspections using drones!
They have an extremely diverse culture and of which, 50% of their employees are women! My client ensures they are quarterly trips to socials events such as; skiing and ice skating and many more! There are also many ways to be incentivized and earn bonuses with a 10% minimum bonus, as well as 5 other ways to earn one.
This client is even one of the fastest growing employee owned companies worldwide and opportunities for shares/ownership.
- Oversee multiple major projects including Historic Preservation and Landmark projects
- Manage staff organization and planning
- Project Management of façade, plaza, roof and garage restoration projects
- Manage building envelope inspection and restoration design
- Local Law 11 reporting including site inspection, recording conditions, compiling findings for DOB report and document submission
- Building inspections from ground/roof/lifts/supported & suspended scaffolding
- Design and support for architectural design and real estate development projects
- Preparing plans, details, and specifications
- Coordinate work for Landmark Preservation requirements
- Perform contractor bid walkthroughs and reviews
- Review payment applications, change orders and project schedules
- Prospect new business and develop existing relationships
- Train others and oversee their work
- Scoping and time/staff utilization estimation for proposals
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of Local Law 11/FISP experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture required, Master's preferred
- RA/PE is required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Excel
- Extreme attention to detail with strong written and communication skills
- New York experience
- Health, vision and dental plans available
- 401k contribution
- Bonus scheme and ownership
- Travel expenses paid