The client is looking to add to its Finance team to further advance its renewable power project development and management capabilities. The Finance group is responsible for supporting the development of the client's renewable and thermal projects and for the financial management of projects owned by the client , as well as projects owned by third parties but managed by them under asset management agreements. This new hire will work with project team members to support the development and financing of renewable energy projects (wind, solar, and storage) including financial modeling and transaction execution. The position will also help drive capital investment decisions and optimize capital structures, including tax equity structures. This position is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, who can move quickly, multitask, prioritize and work with confidential information.
The location of this role is preferred in their MD office, but could consider a location in the MA office.
General responsibilities will include:
* Support the the Development group from the screening of renewable development opportunities through the development of mature projects;
* Ownership and responsibility of project financial models including assumption support;
* Work with project leads and marketing responding / supporting potential offtake opportunities;
* Present financial results, project performance and variance analysis to project managers and management;
* Coordinate review of project level financial results, proformas of individual assets and portfolio roll-up;
* Review quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of project-level development. Sensitize existing and/or create financial proformas to drive investment decisions;
* Conduct contract / agreement reviews;
* Build and grow strong tax equity and lender relationships; and
* Collaborate closely with other departments within the Company and work with senior professionals to deliver final work products as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree with relevant Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Engineering orientation
- 1-3+ years of relevant work experienc
- Experience modeling tax equity structures for solar and wind projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
The client offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).