Summary: This company is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America's power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology.
The team is looking to build out their finance team to further advance its renewable power project development and management capabilities. The senior associate will work with project team members to support the development and financing of renewable energy projects (wind, solar, and storage) including financial modeling and transaction execution. The position will also help drive capital investment decisions and optimize capital structures, including tax equity structures.
Location: Silver Spring, MD or Braintree, MA (hybrid)
The responsibilities of the Senior Associate include:
- Support the Development group from the screening of renewable development opportunities through the development of mature projects;
- Ownership and responsibility of project financial models including assumption support;
- Work with project leads and marketing responding / supporting potential offtake opportunities;
- Present financial results, project performance and variance analysis to project managers and management;
- Coordinate review of project level financial results, proformas of individual assets and portfolio roll-up;
- Review quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of project-level development. Sensitize existing and/or create financial proformas to drive investment decisions;
- Conduct contract / agreement reviews;
- Build and grow strong tax equity and lender relationships;
- Collaborate closely with other departments within the Company and work with senior professionals to deliver final work products as appropriate.
The Senior Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with relevant Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Engineering orientation
- 1-3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience modeling tax equity structures for solar and wind projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate to apply!