- Lead or work on a project team responsible for the design, configuration, and testing of machine and process control systems.
- Offer strong technical expertise and advisement as part of the project team
- Adapt to a flexible work schedule & travel, if necessary, to participate in the design, development, and start-up of control systems at the client's facility
- Understand the project scope and exercise good time management skills to plan & coordinate the work as part of a project team by developing project schedules and budgets in collaboration with project leadership and identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management ensuring completion of all project deliverables to the satisfaction of the client
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS Engineering degree or equivalent educational background
- PLC Programming with one or more of Rockwell Studio5000, RSLogix5000/5/500, or Siemens Step 7
- Detail oriented with strong technical aptitude and desire for learning new technologies
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to Instrumentation and Controls
- Understanding of batch and continuous process control strategies deployed in
- Demonstrated ability to develop machine control and/or process control system applications, utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems.
- Expertise with the design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of virtual server-based control system architectures, and understanding of control system network topology, i.e. Ethernet, Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, etc.
- Knowledge of process instrumentation specification, installation & troubleshooting, and control panel design, check-out, commissioning & troubleshooting
- Experience working at customer sites supporting the installation & commissioning of equipment and systems
- Strong candidates at the lower end of the experience range will have training opportunities to develop themselves in the areas below.
- HMI Programming using one or more of Rockwell FTView ME and SE, Wonderware System Platform, Inductive Automation Ignition
- Configuration & development of one or both of Wonderware InBatch & Rockwell FTBatch, Historian software, OSI PI