This position is a leadership role within the business unit and requires strong problem-solving ability, well-balanced people skills, and an interest in creating partnerships. The Senior Controls Engineer demonstrates success by securing repeat work with both new and existing customers and performing at a high level.
- Education - A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
- Experience - Min 7 years Experience, within Controls, Automation and programming.
- In-depth understanding of PLC hardware/software platforms such as Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and Modicon.
- In-depth understanding of HMI/SCADA hardware/software platforms such as ICONICS Genesis64, Wonderware ArchestrA System Platform, GE CIMPLICITY, GE iFIX, Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View, Schneider, and Siemens.
- Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers
- Proven experience in managing, leading and guiding automation design and implementation projects in the Life Science industry
- Ability to travel up to 20%