We are seeking Field Engineers that are experienced technicians in system installation, cabling, wiring, and troubleshooting of audiovisual systems or IT networks. They are responsible for commissioning and networking the various systems that we. install. On-the-job training is ongoing, and the development of the role will be ever-evolving and challenging. Travel is required to project field locations regularly, however, the position is based out of our Garnet Valley, Pa Headquarters location.
We Offer a unique approach to medical/dental premiums and a competitive salary package based on experience. We consider our team the best in AV!
Position Accountability and Expectations
· Debug audio applications by setting up appropriate equalization and tuning for the respective field space in each of the software languages standards for the industry, namely Biamp, BSS, and Q-SYS among others.
· Software simulation and testing both in-house and on-site for quality assurance and customer approval purposes.
· Graphical user interface adjustments as directed in the field.
· In consultation with the Software Developer, performance tuning and balancing of communication to/from devices for optimal operation, usability, and automation.
· Complete PC or mobile device documentation of software functionality in the form of customer user guides, internal functional explanations as relates to problem-solving, and communication with clients for unique operational walk-throughs.
· Evaluate existing systems and "reverse-engineer" the system to provide the Software Developer with accurate information to write a new code from scratch for functionality.
· With expert detail, complete via PC or mobile device all forms and documentation related to the entire test and tune process that is performed in the field on all systems.
· Configure all devices installed to their optimal settings.
· Load, configure, test, and troubleshoot all control and DSP codes from the control system
· Thoroughly test and force-fail all systems for quality control purposes both in-house and on-site.
· Consistent and timely collaboration and communication with Software Developers, Lead Installers, Managed Services, Project Managers, and System Engineers as to conditions with operational questions, systems concerns, troubleshooting, technical requirements, and potential short or long-term issues
· Create local area networks for the sole purposes of communication among devices being installed at a client location that is completely separate from their existing network infrastructure.
· Create WLANs for wireless communication of devices.
What you will bring:
· CTS Certification and a minimum of 5 years of experience reading, understanding, and explaining audiovisual engineering system drawings. A thorough understanding of network standards/practices and line of business database and data management.
· Proficient with computers, including audiovisual applications of Poly, Crestron, BiAmp, AMX, and/or Q-SYS software.
· CCNA certification, in process of obtaining a CCNA certification or willing to secure within 1 year of employment
· Crestron Level 2 programming or higher.
· Understanding of how audiovisual systems function, and how to diagnose and resolve problems within those systems.
· Strong client and service-focused mindset; clear and concise written and verbal communication.
· Exceptional organizational skills & extreme attention to detail and documentation.
· Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, including technical IT professionals. Expected to solve technical issues effectively and timely with the appropriate teams and clients.
· Experience and a professional knack for balancing heavy workloads at varying times throughout the year.
· Must have a valid driver's license, excellent driving record, and an ability to work nights and weekends as necessary, which will require US travel.
· Self-motivated employee who enjoys working with teams as much as on their own.