I am looking for an Engineer or an Architect that has experience working with a wide variety of structure types including building envelopes, plazas, parking garages, water-retention structures, tunnels, and bridges.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with existing structures ranging from forensic investigation, behaviour evaluation, condition assessment, repair/retrofit design and budgeting, preparation of repair/retrofit documents and construction administration. This position reports to the local Managing Principal and/or Director of Restoration.
Successful candidates are eligible to shares!
- Contact, develop, and maintain clients, bringing in restoration/retrofit projects, resolving and extending the service life of the existing built environment.
- Working with multi-disciplinary team of structural engineers, architects, and material scientists to resolve identified building problems.
- Understand and communicate to the design team the project requirements and take leadership in setting project requirements.
- Develop the project proposal and agreement for approval by the Managing Principal/Officer.
- Establish quality plan and implement the project plan including project budget, staffing requirements and schedule.
- Select outside consultants for Managing Principal/Officer approval.
- Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key professionals and officials of client organisations and project related companies.
- Act as a resource and mentor for newer consultants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Structural Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- Registered Engineer (PE) or Architect (RA/AIA) preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing and working on restoration and/or Design.
- Ability to prioritise high volume of activity and delegate effectively.
- Ability to manage client relationships and maintain communication with client after project is finished for securing possible future work.