They are constantly defining the built environment by creating an atmosphere of creativity, responsibility, diversity, accountability, and entrepreneurship. We believe that innovation comes from a constant flow of diverse ideas. The phrase "because that's how we've always done it" is never a part of our conversations. We encourage our experts to try new things and explore ideas that can help our clients achieve their goals, even if those ideas are unconventional. We are looking for innovative, creative, and passionate professionals who seek excellence in all they do to serve their clients. We invite you to explore the following exciting opportunity to join our team:
You will be joining the Investigative Group that specializes in investigating and assessing structures in the built environment. Our expertise includes specialized knowledge of the design and construction of a wide array of structures, the materials used to build them, and how and why these structures deteriorate and fail. You will join a team of licensed structural engineers, civil engineers, architects, fire investigators, roofing consultants, and building enclosure specialists to conduct property evaluations and forensic investigations, offering a personal touch to clients.
The Project Manager - Forensic Engineer/Architect will be responsible for performing a wide range of forensic investigations related to damage and deterioration of structures as well as condition assessment studies for property owners and managers. The work includes evaluations of commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal projects. The position requires direct daily contact with clients and staff in addition to production of technical reports. Therefore, superior oral and written communication skills are a must. You must have the desire to learn the evaluation of entire structures (from foundations to roofing) as well as the investigation of failures and building problems.
Desirable Past Experience:
- Structural/building design
- Structural and/or building envelope evaluations & studies
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Writing technical reports
- AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or Architecture from an accredited engineering or architecture school; Other degrees will be considered based on relevant experience
- Registered Professional Engineer, NCARB Registered Architect, or similar industry certification
- 10+ years' experience
- Ability to lift or move objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Ability/willingness to climb ladders and scaffolding, work from heights, walk roofs, access crawl spaces and other areas of limited accessibility